CALIFORNIA STATE OLD TIME FIDDLERS ASSOCIATION DISTRICT #5
|California State Old Time Fiddlers Association, District 5 (CSOTFA #5) is dedicated to preserving and enjoying authentic old-time music, providing a welcoming place for musicians of all levels to jam and perform, and passing down the traditions of old-time country, folk, and bluegrass music to our families, friends, and interested musicians.|
2017 Jam Schedule
|| July 9
| October 8
♫ CALIFORNIA STATE OLD TIME FIDDLERS ASSOCIATION DISTRICT # 5 ♫
♫ Typical Jam Schedule 12:OO to 4:00 P.M. ♫
|12:00 NOON TO 1:00 P.M. ---BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IN COTTAGE.
12:00 NOON TO 1:00 P.M. ---OPEN MIKE ON STAGE.
1:00 P.M.---FULL STAGE ASSEMBLY OPENING WITH THE SINGING OF GOD BLESS AMERICA.
1:15 P.M. TO 2:00 P.M.---STAGE PERFORMERS FROM SIGN UP BOARD.
1:15 P.M. TO 2:30 P.M.– SLAM JAM, HELD IN BOARD MEETING ROOM
2:00 P.M.---FIDDLE KIDS PERFORMERS FROM SIGN UP BOARD.
3:00 P.M.--- FULL STAGE ASSEMBLY WITH TWO FIDDLE TUNES AND ONE VOCALIST.
ALL AFTERNOON---THE OAK TREE GANG JAM OUT FRONT AND THE BACK FORTY GANG JAM BEHIND THE GRANGE HALL.
1:00 P.M. TO 4:00 P.M.---DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS EVERY FIFTEEN
MINUTES (TWO TICKETS EACH DRAWING). WINNERS’ NAMES POSTED ABOVE PRIZE DISPLAY TABLE.
4:00 P.M. --- CASH DRAWING. (WINNING TICKET MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN).
THINGS TO REMEMBER
· “Gotta Have A Fiddle In The Band”. Don’t go on stage without one.
· Join the club and keep your dues current.
(Your Fiddlers Facts Newsletter will show your membership renewal date as an advance reminder).
· Volunteer to help at the Fiddle Kids Snack Bar or at the Reception Table.
· Donate desserts for sale at the Fiddle Kids Snack Bar.
· Donate to the Fiddle Kitty at the front door.
· Buy Drawing Tickets at 3 tickets for $1.00 or 20 for $5.00 and donate door
prizes for the drawings. Cash drawing at 4:00 p.m. Must be present to win.
Buy items for sale at our Membership Table:
· Membership Roster $2.00
· Standing Rules $1.00
· Name Badge $5.00
· Cassette Tapes __________________ $7.00
· Cds___________________________ $10.00
· Help cleanup at closing time but not until all the entertainers are off the stage.